There is an upcoming show on Discovery Health called,
"My Deadly Appetite."
"Born with Prader-Willi, a rare incurable syndrome, Will feels starved constantly and has bouts of physical aggression. At 280 lbs and kicked out of school, an intense inpatient treatment program hundreds of miles from home may be his only hope."
It is airing on Discovery Health this Wednesday, November 3, at 10pm.
Sounds like Will is one who is more severely affected by PWS, but his story is an important one to tell. We have no way of knowing where any of our children will be on the spectrum of this syndrome, and we're all in it together. I always have mixed feelings about these kinds of shows, because I'm not sure how they'll portray the syndrome or the person with the syndrome. But I'll be watching. Join us!
"My Deadly Appetite."
"Born with Prader-Willi, a rare incurable syndrome, Will feels starved constantly and has bouts of physical aggression. At 280 lbs and kicked out of school, an intense inpatient treatment program hundreds of miles from home may be his only hope."
It is airing on Discovery Health this Wednesday, November 3, at 10pm.
Sounds like Will is one who is more severely affected by PWS, but his story is an important one to tell. We have no way of knowing where any of our children will be on the spectrum of this syndrome, and we're all in it together. I always have mixed feelings about these kinds of shows, because I'm not sure how they'll portray the syndrome or the person with the syndrome. But I'll be watching. Join us!
Comments
Post a Comment