Skip to main content

Weeble Wobble

OK, So did everyone get to see this on Facebook??
Cade did it, He took 7 steps yesterday!!!

This is such an awaited milestone. It is of course just baby steps and he still has to master and accept the whole walking thing. But to see him actually do it was just surreal. I knew he was capable, and knew he would do it one day...but it was still wonderful. When you wait 19 months for your baby to walk to you it is breathtaking when those first wobbly steps begin. Oh and guess what...we practiced already today and nope, he didn't forget. Yay! Be on the lookout for lots of walking videos coming soon to a blog near you.... 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust the process

So, today has been mentally taxing on me. From finishing up my Summer classes and final tests, to losing a dear, fellow PWS Mom friend, and then taking Cade to his first swim practice for the Special Olympics. I've shared extreme highs and extreme lows today, but as I unwind tonight I feel compelled to share this with whoever decides to read it.  Some of you may know this about me, but most probably do not. I have always felt a strong attraction to working with those with special needs. It just always felt right and from a young age I remember looking up local jobs and volunteer opportunities..always searching for something to fulfill that desire. I was actually enrolled in college for Family and Consumer Science and was planning to go into Special Education. I had taken the Parapro assessment and actively looking for Para jobs. Then I became pregnant for Cade and life had other plans. Given my role now to Cade, isn't it ironic? OK, so here is an e-mail I dug up from my in...

Happy 5th Birthday Cade!

I can't believe we are celebrating your 5th birthday today. It seems like just yesterday I was awaiting your arrival. Boy, what a whirlwind it has been since then.  I have watched you go from a tiny, helpless newborn to a boy who already has his mind made up about just anything. You have taught our family so much about being strong and loving endlessly. You bring opportunities that I never imagined possible when I first held you in my arms. Life-long friendships have been made because of you. I will always encourage you, respect you, be your biggest fan, your advocate, and your supporter. I will always hope for a brighter, more accepting tomorrow. But above all, I will always love you for who you are.

Tired and Thankful

I am the parent of an amazing boy. He is 9. He is smart, funny, and happy. I am the parent of a child with Prader-Willi Syndrome... PWS is a complex developmental disability that results from a defect on the 15 th chromosome. Because of an abnormality in the area of the brain called the hypothalamus, these individuals face challenges in learning, behavior and controlling their appetite. The message of fullness never reaches their brain and they are always hungry. The intensity of their food drive can vary but all require support and understanding if/when they are exposed to food or they attempt to seek food. Food security must be considered and provided in all environments and at all times. While I am first Mom to Cade, just as importantly I am his advocate in every aspect of his life for his rare disorder. I am tired. Remaining humble and thankful for all of Cade's progress is so very hard in the midst of advocating. Some days I feel as I...