Lately, I have gotten into Yoga, and practice it faithfully. I am also going to be taking classes from Jodi Komitor to get certified to teach kids yoga.
Next Generation Yoga was founded in 1998 by Jodi Beth Komitor. A pioneer in the kids’ yoga movement, she created the first yoga studio (in the world) just for kids..
Today, the media and yogis from around the world consider NGY and Jodi a leading authority on yoga with children.
My main interest in kids yoga is for my own children's benefit of a healthy mind and body. I tried to find this for Cade and realized there was nothing like that around here...and we need it! When a young child learns yoga they are creating a foundation of healthy lifestyle habits that they can carry into adulthood. Research is proving that children who practice yoga are better able to focus at school, cope with stress and when stressed out have tools to self soothe. These are tools they can access for a lifetime. I would love for this yoga path to lead me to something bigger one day...Like teaching children, or Yoga classes for Special Needs children. I will follow my heart and I know the rest will follow.
((My Little Yogi))

Comments
Post a Comment