OK, so I decided to pull Cade's feeding tube out on my own! It was just getting in the way of him learning to eat again. He has also been congested and having a tube in your nose doesn't help that out any. So, trying to suck from the bottle, breathe, and swallow just wasn't working out for him. I had been in contact with the Pulmonologist in Baton Rouge, and they were reviewing the study before making a decision whether or not to pull the tube. Well, that was 3 days ago...I was persistent that I needed them to do whatever they needed to do in reviewing it and get back with me because I would be making a trip to Baton Rouge on the 11th(yesterday) for another appt. I was told that they wouldn't be able to fit me in anyway because of their busy schedule. Not to mention every time I call I can't talk to anyone, have to leave a message, and don't get a call back forever...I usually have to call back. Tired of it...I have GOT to find doctors here that can make accommodations and time for Cade. I'm starting to think that doesn't exist here. The nurse still hasn't called back and they are unaware that his tube is out. I really don't care. I wanted the tube out, so it is out and he is eating just fine. He really is eating much better! Still slow and uncoordinated, but he is finishing his bottles. We have also been spoon feeding to and he does really good with that. He opens his mouth like a little bird. We are so proud of his many accomplishments. We went to his first Neurologist appointment yesterday and got a very good report. She is a great doctor and has a non verbal autistic son, so she totally "gets it." She was very impressed with Cade! She said he looks so good, and she couldn't even chart that he had low muscle tone in his chart! She said his tone was great! This makes me feel really good. This particular doctor that we saw is very straight forward and does not sugar coat anything. Many people forewarned me, but at the same time told me of how excellent she is. Therefore, I know Cade is truly doing great!
See for Yourself!
See how happy Cade is with NO TUBE!
I love those smiles!
I introduced Cade to Elmo today, he was very curious!


Comments
Post a Comment