Lately, we have had a major issue with Cade's hair. It really upsets me because hair is important to me. I know things could be much worse, but still it is my guy's hair. Well, for the past few months I have really noticed changes. Very brittle, fried, and damaged looking. We cut it short and it looked a little better but it still continues to grow out fried. Now, I notice hair loss. Spots look thinner than others and I can gently pass my hand through the top of his hair and a few will come out. Boo!
We have been trying to figure this out. We, as in his Endo in Florida and I. Dr. Miller ordered a whole crap load of labs and everything seems OK.
Thyroid is functioning on the low end of normal, so for him may or may not be "Normal." Go figure. Vitamin A is high...Weird.
IGF-1 levels are high- so we have to come down on Growth Hormone..This is proof that he is going in to Phase 2A (increasing ease of weight gain, slow-down of gastric motility)
And so it begins...DIET will be everything from now until forever. Not that it wasn't already, but it is more reality for me now that I know from the blood work that he is in a new phase of PWS.
Comments
Post a Comment