Dear Tanya and Keegan Johnson,
Since, I have finally gotten back to normal here at home I can do what I have been longing to do since I arrived in Toronto and that is thank the both of you. I really just want to thank you from the very bottom of my heart for giving my husband Jake and I this opportunity. I know there are others that I owe thanks to as well,
and Thank You to all who have helped make this possible.
I remember getting the phone call saying I was the winner of the trip, and it was so surreal. I had so many mixed emotions...I was excited, nervous, happy, and thankful. I never win anything, and just couldn't even believe that I had actually won! So, then the planning began. I pleaded with Jake to please come with me. I explained how I needed him with me and that it would be so much fun. It took him a while...( a long while) to agree to come. He made sure I knew that this was only for me and that he really didn't want to go. He didn't want to meet other families dealing with PWS, let alone another person with PWS.
Well, saw my husband literally break down that wall this past weekend and I couldn't be more proud of him. We laughed, we cried, and we learned with some pretty amazing people from all over the world. This was by far the BEST experience ever!
I think this was HUGE a step forward for Jake and for that, I am forever grateful. You are an inspiration to us and the whole PWS community. There is so much hope and I know I can trust in FPWR to do one thing for sure:
ELIMINATE THE CHALLENGES OF PRADER-WILLI SYNDROME THROUGH THE ADVANCEMENT OF RESEARCH!!!!
Sincerely,
Maegan Richard
Comments
Post a Comment