Skip to main content

The Lion King


   My brother, Grandma, and I went to the Mahaila Jackson Theater in New Orleans to see The Lion King. It was breathtaking...I loved the experience. It was so moving. Huge thanks to my Mom for getting these tickets for us! We had such a great time. The talent of these actors were just amazing. I love spending times like these with the ones I love.  

Comments

  1. New follower here! I am from Houma, and I ran in the One Small Step 5K last year. I plan to do it again this year. I think I found your blog through facebook somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan! So glad to hear from you...Can't wait to have you out there on race day!!! Thank you for taking One Small Step :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trust the process

So, today has been mentally taxing on me. From finishing up my Summer classes and final tests, to losing a dear, fellow PWS Mom friend, and then taking Cade to his first swim practice for the Special Olympics. I've shared extreme highs and extreme lows today, but as I unwind tonight I feel compelled to share this with whoever decides to read it.  Some of you may know this about me, but most probably do not. I have always felt a strong attraction to working with those with special needs. It just always felt right and from a young age I remember looking up local jobs and volunteer opportunities..always searching for something to fulfill that desire. I was actually enrolled in college for Family and Consumer Science and was planning to go into Special Education. I had taken the Parapro assessment and actively looking for Para jobs. Then I became pregnant for Cade and life had other plans. Given my role now to Cade, isn't it ironic? OK, so here is an e-mail I dug up from my in...

Tired and Thankful

I am the parent of an amazing boy. He is 9. He is smart, funny, and happy. I am the parent of a child with Prader-Willi Syndrome... PWS is a complex developmental disability that results from a defect on the 15 th chromosome. Because of an abnormality in the area of the brain called the hypothalamus, these individuals face challenges in learning, behavior and controlling their appetite. The message of fullness never reaches their brain and they are always hungry. The intensity of their food drive can vary but all require support and understanding if/when they are exposed to food or they attempt to seek food. Food security must be considered and provided in all environments and at all times. While I am first Mom to Cade, just as importantly I am his advocate in every aspect of his life for his rare disorder. I am tired. Remaining humble and thankful for all of Cade's progress is so very hard in the midst of advocating. Some days I feel as I...

Ortho and Hippo!

Well, today we had out Orthopaedist appointment to get a baseline treatment for Cade's scoliosis. I was dreading today...so many thoughts. Will I like the doctor? Will they talk about bracing, casting..? I totally did not know what to think. Fortunately, I liked the doctor (For once).  He did an x-ray and says Cade has about a 21 degree curve. He says he believes Cade is too little for bracing and that we will keep an eye on him for now. I am fine with that. I do not want to just buy time and chance things getting worse, but I also hope we can stop the progression of the curve with extra PT and core strengthening. It would be so nice for the curve to just not progress and maybe even lessen! The doctor believes we are doing a very good thing by starting Hippotherapy. Today was our second time, and Cade adores the horses. He was so excited to get on! He is so little on that big ol' horse, but he rides so well. Here are a few pics from his first time on the horse.