Feeling the need to blog....Two topics I want to blog about...One Small Step news and my brother's car accident. I will blog about my race later...
So, I remember when my brother, Chase, who is now, 18 first got his license. I felt like a Mother worried sick about him. Although he is a very good kid and much more level headed than I was at that age...I still knew what other people were capable of and then there are truly accidents of course. He seemed so new and just unaware of the world. I totaled my car a couple weeks after getting it when I was 18. Also, had a couple other accidents. I know how quick things can happen...it is so scary. Well, The worry wore off and he has been driving a couple years now. Don't even think twice about him driving anymore.
Then it happens...just about an hour ago I got a call from him...he said he just wanted to let me know he got in a wreck. My heart sank to my feet and I felt the immediate urge to barf. He is OK, the other person and their vehicle is OK...Chase's car not so much. It is rainy here and the roads are wet...traffic was backed up and he rear ended someone. Poor thing. I have so much empathy for him right now. I am relieved everyone involved is Okay!
I also feel so guilty for all the crap I put my parents through as a teenager. Now that I am older and wiser and have kids of my own I think totally different. I see everything in a different way. I never thought twice about the worry and fear I was causing my family when I did some of the things in those days. Ugh, barf again!
Comments
Post a Comment