I just wanted to post and say how happy and blessed I feel. Cade has made so much progress in these past four months and is so full of life now. He is so happy and brings so much joy. Carter has been such a good Big brother and I know he will help Cade exceed all his expectations. Cade is so aware of him, and his eyes are always fixated on him. I can already see how much he looks up to Carter. The love is truly so innocent and unconditional! I have been told and now see for myself that Carter is really Cade's best therapy. Cade had his 4 month check up last week and everything went pretty good. My big boy is now 10lbs 11oz. I can't believe it! I never thought I would see the day. His ped. said his muscle tone is better than the PWS patients she has seen. ??? Guess that is a good thing! She said everything looks great with him. She did notice that his posterior fontanel(soft spot in back of the head) is still open. It usually closes by 2 months of age. She wasn't really concerned, but just thought it should be mentioned to his Neurologist. I know that there bone age is immature so it is probably due to that. GH should help with the bone growth and help it close. Anyways, Most of you know how much thought and time I usually put into Halloween costumes and now I can have even more fun with two kids. Carter has decided he wants to be a pirate, so he is being Captain Hook and Cade will be Peter Pan. :) It will be so cute! Of course Cade is too little to fit into a store bought costume, so I will be making his. Hopefully it comes out cute. I have a feeling I won't have much say too much longer in Carter's costumes. When he sees them in the store he wants to be typical boy things...Spider man...Power Ranger...Transformer...etc...He is getting too big too fast for me! Carter is so independent now and wants to do everything by himself. He can dress himself, bathe, wash his hair, brush his teeth...(even though I still help him to make sure things are done right) The fact that he is capable and does a pretty good job at it is just bittersweet for me. I love those two boys so much! We are leaving next week to go to Oklahoma to visit my family. We are excited about that, but not looking forward to that drive. Blah! It will be me, Jake, the kids, and my Grandma. It will be good to just get away for a little while and have no appointments and therapies to run back and fourth to. :)
So, today has been mentally taxing on me. From finishing up my Summer classes and final tests, to losing a dear, fellow PWS Mom friend, and then taking Cade to his first swim practice for the Special Olympics. I've shared extreme highs and extreme lows today, but as I unwind tonight I feel compelled to share this with whoever decides to read it. Some of you may know this about me, but most probably do not. I have always felt a strong attraction to working with those with special needs. It just always felt right and from a young age I remember looking up local jobs and volunteer opportunities..always searching for something to fulfill that desire. I was actually enrolled in college for Family and Consumer Science and was planning to go into Special Education. I had taken the Parapro assessment and actively looking for Para jobs. Then I became pregnant for Cade and life had other plans. Given my role now to Cade, isn't it ironic? OK, so here is an e-mail I dug up from my in...
Comments
Post a Comment