So, I have been knowing that Cade would get sick sooner or later, but I was hoping for later. He is congested and that becomes much more of a problem for him since he can't cough. Mostly because of his low tone he doesn't have the ability to cough the mucus up, so it just sits in his airways. He rattles horribly, but the doctor said it is not in his chest. Things have to be caught early and treated or it is very is for phnemonia and infection to set in. So, my poor little boy is on Antibiotics and breathing treatments. We go back tomorrow for a re-check to make sure it has not gotten any worse. Good News is Cade weighs 10 lbs!!! I have been weighting for him to hit the 10lb mark for what it seems like forever. He has already outgrown some of his Newborn clothes. I thought that would never happen. All I have wanted since his birth was for him to hurry up and grow. I am very happy that he is progressing and growing, but I know before I know it he will be growing so fast and I will wonder where the time went. So, I am good with him taking his sweet time. I have gotten the same advice from many other PWS moms out there. They all say to just slow down, take it easy, don't ponder on the future, and just enjoy your new baby. Because, when it comes down to it, life with PWS is not THAT bad. It is a daily struggle, but who hasn't had struggles? On another note, I had talked with Cade's case worker about an increase in therapy...and they are going to get him more. I am happy, and it wasn't much of a fight. So now he will have OT and PT once a week. I still have to talk with his private therapist about seeing them also. I'm hoping to now be able to see a little more consistency with his therapies and progress.
Here are a couple recent pics...
Look how much Cade has grown.....
...And Carter looks much more proud of him now...
I love these boys!!!


Comments
Post a Comment