We went for Cade's weight check with the Pediatrician today and he only weighed 6lbs 14oz. I guess the clothes and diaper really did make a difference Tuesday!! So, he only gained 2 ounces since last Thursday...Bummer! We will go in again next week to check again...hopefully he will have gained a little bit more. I know with PWS in the beginning it is very hard for them to put on weight. I know it is only two ounces, but at least he isn't losing. He really is filling out. He can finally fit in his Newborn clothes. They also checked his iron and he is no longer Anemic. Now, I don't have to give him those yucky vitamins anymore. He cried his poor heart out when they pricked his foot. I have never heard him cry like that. It was an actual cry. I know I still haven't posted pictures, but I will tomorrow!
So, today has been mentally taxing on me. From finishing up my Summer classes and final tests, to losing a dear, fellow PWS Mom friend, and then taking Cade to his first swim practice for the Special Olympics. I've shared extreme highs and extreme lows today, but as I unwind tonight I feel compelled to share this with whoever decides to read it. Some of you may know this about me, but most probably do not. I have always felt a strong attraction to working with those with special needs. It just always felt right and from a young age I remember looking up local jobs and volunteer opportunities..always searching for something to fulfill that desire. I was actually enrolled in college for Family and Consumer Science and was planning to go into Special Education. I had taken the Parapro assessment and actively looking for Para jobs. Then I became pregnant for Cade and life had other plans. Given my role now to Cade, isn't it ironic? OK, so here is an e-mail I dug up from my in...
Comments
Post a Comment