My Oh so lovely fellow PWS mom, Ali Shenk posted this very powerful video that I wanted to share.
What would you tell yourself on the day you received your child's diagnosis?
I remember that day so well. It was a phone call I had been anticipating for over a week as we patiently(yeah right) waited for the results. Cade's NICU doctor called and asked if Jake was home...he said to put him on speaker phone so he could tell both of us the results. I didn't though, I wasn't ready for Jake to hear it. I felt as though I knew the results already. I had done so much research, I was ready to accept it. For Jake things weren't that easy. This video hits home. What a difference 2 years has made.
If I could go back to that day, I would reflect on all these messages whole heartedly. The future was such a scary thought...and still is at times. That is besides the point. I have learned to live for today and cherish all of the unconditional love this little guy has brought to my family.
Here is what these parents would go back and tell themselves...
Comments
Post a Comment