So, I know I haven't even been able to find the time to blog about our recent trip to Florida to see Dr. Miller and we are already going back. Whew. OK, as most of you already know Cade's visit was very, very positive. Dr. Miller was just thrilled at Cade's progress and had nothing negative to say. It was an amazing visit with happy tears shared from both of us(Yes, Dr. Miller shared some tears as well). Very, very moving I tell ya. To see this very professional, educated, amazing doctor get teary over MY kid...the best feeling ever!
THEN, as we are checking out she calls us back to her office. She said something like,
Hey I know we just had the best visit ever, but his sleep study was just read and shows severe obstructive apnea..tonsils and adenoids need to come out ASAP.
Um, Whaaat???
So, that was our only flaw this visit. Horrible sleep study with desats down to the 80s...So not good! Our last study was great, but it has been a little over a year and things are obviously not so good now. Cade has been on Growth Hormone since 10 weeks old so it only makes since to remove the tonsils and adenoids since that is 99.9% the reason he is obstructing at night. It should be an easy fix. I know several people have asked why I am going there. Dr. Miller of course gave me the option but said she would really like to be there to monitor Cade. THAT is why. That right there said there was no other option for us. Dr. Miller is very laid back at times and to know that she really wanted to be there just makes me feel only comfortable doing it there. Plus, Dr. Kollins is Cade's ENT there. He is great and is also an airway specialist. What better doctor to operate on my baby boy right? I am feeling good about this and really hope things go smoothly for us and we can manage a 10 hour trip home with an unhappy guy with a sore throat!
I will keep everyone updated for sure cause I will be bored to death in the hospital.
Comments
Post a Comment