Today was a great day. Filled with lots of memorable family fun. We went to my parents' house for cut out cookies. A Christmas tradition that I somewhat struggle with now that Cade has joined our family. Some days I feel totally against it and stand strong to the fact that he cannot eat cookies. Other days, like today, I feel like why not? Why can't I adjust his daily caloric intake and let him have a freaking Christmas cookie? He had so much fun and although it is still easy for us...I know things may have to change according to the way he progresses. Until then, so be it. He got one half of a Gingerbread man designed especially by him. Rather lower in fat and sugar and hardly any icing. He was a happy little guy. And Carter, my sweet-a-holic, enjoyed the decorating much more than the eating part. Surprised me! Here is our finished products...
Carter and Cade
Mommy and Daddy
Cade man hard at work!
After things settled down we came home and enjoyed a family movie. We all sat bundled up and watched Mr. Popper's Penguins. Omg, we loved it. Carter and Cade sat and watched the whole thing. Cade periodically did his butt scoot across the living room to let out some energy. It was a real enjoyable movie. It ended with a bang, Vanilla Ice, Ice Baby came on and we all jumped up and started dancing. Hilarious! Carter showed off some new moves and they were really good. Jake rapped the entire song. Cade scooted around in turbo mode throwing his head back and forth. Me, I danced just taking it all in. I love nights like this. Makes me really, really thankful for my family. Not that I am not thankful any other day, but nights like this are just extra special. I am feeling extremely blessed. It is so important to take little moments and make them big. Be silly, free, and laugh a lot! I think everyone is super hyped about the holidays and I know Jake is feeling stress free since he has the next two weeks off of work. He needs it! It will be nice having him home with us. Well, I hope all of you who are reading this have experienced at least some sort of Joy today...I know I have.
<3
Carter all snuggled up.
Comments
Post a Comment