Notice the smurf tattoo that he wanted to leave on his arm.
Carter started his first day of Mulberry Baptist Children's Day Out program today. He had a great first day! He was very nervous when we got there, but his teachers made him feel very comfortable and he never looked back. He is becoming such a big boy and it truly makes me happy and sad all at the same time. He has been really bored this past year staying home with me. I have carried so much guilt just because it seemed like all we did was stuff that involved Cade. I literally lugged him around here, there, and everywhere. Therapy appointments, doctor appointments, you name it. I tried to make time for him, but it was far and few between. I am so thankful that he has this opportunity to have some much needed fun time. It has been rough and definitely an adjustment. With that being said, Carter and Cade have a bond like no other. It is something that not everyone gets to see. Cade and I walked Carter to his classroom and got him settled. Cade immediately began trying to jump out of my arms to join all the other kids for playtime. He is such a social child! When it was time to leave, we said our goodbyes and Cade and I turned to head for the door. Cade immediately began throwing himself back having a fit to stay with his brother. I couldn't believe it. Thankfully, he is easily distracted and was soon over it. Hopefully he stays that way.

Comments
Post a Comment