Ok, so I know I have been behind with my posts lately, but I just haven't made the time. Things have been so busy for us and I have been taking a break from the computer. Our Holidays were great and I will have pics to post soon. Cade is still progressing so well...with new achievements every day...Literally. I think my new favorite thing is hearing "MaMa" when he sees me. Cade has been babbling for a couple months now, but I think he now associates MaMa with me. Maybe not...Maybe it is just coincidence that he says it every time he sees me...I would like to think not though :) We recently started hCG injections with Cade for added strength and some help with some other "Boy Issues." So far things are going great with that. I have noticed more strength lately. He rolls more consistently and sits up really well now. He is starting to try to get somewhere when on his tummy. Still will be a while though before he actually does, but it is a start. He goes twice a week to his pediatrician for 5 weeks. I do hate the extra stick that he has to get, but I know the added benefits will be worth it. He will thank me later for the other benefits he receives from the injections. I know this isn't much of an update but I will blog more soon...Promise!
So, today has been mentally taxing on me. From finishing up my Summer classes and final tests, to losing a dear, fellow PWS Mom friend, and then taking Cade to his first swim practice for the Special Olympics. I've shared extreme highs and extreme lows today, but as I unwind tonight I feel compelled to share this with whoever decides to read it. Some of you may know this about me, but most probably do not. I have always felt a strong attraction to working with those with special needs. It just always felt right and from a young age I remember looking up local jobs and volunteer opportunities..always searching for something to fulfill that desire. I was actually enrolled in college for Family and Consumer Science and was planning to go into Special Education. I had taken the Parapro assessment and actively looking for Para jobs. Then I became pregnant for Cade and life had other plans. Given my role now to Cade, isn't it ironic? OK, so here is an e-mail I dug up from my in...
Comments
Post a Comment