Since Cade started bottle feeding it has not been an easy task. Then, of course, just when things came together we had to stop feeding by mouth due to silent aspiration. Now that he is eating by mouth again he is doing great, just still has a lot of liquid loss. He makes a total mess. I think I have been through every bottle and nipple since Cade's birth. His milk is thickened so the nipple has to be enlarged for him to drink within a decent amount of time. Because he actually has the desire to eat now, his suck has gotten much stronger and the liquid seems to just pour out of the sides of his mouth most of the time. I decided to look at the sippy cups and found one that seems to be perfect! No big deal to most, but a very big deal to me. It has a horizontal cut along the spout, but is firm enough for him to keep his seal. He drank it within 15 min. and did not spill at all. I am super excited! Here is a pic...
He even puts his hands on the handles!
Comments
Post a Comment