Well, Cade went for a weight check yesterday, and to get the rest of his immunizations. He is weighing in at 8lbs 6oz...a 6 oz gain in 10 days...that is about the rate he has been gaining. He is getting to be such a big boy :) I also decided to just finish up the rest of his immunizations. He got 3, and he has been real sleepy as a result. I think I will go back to spacing them out for the future. We no longer have to go for weekly weigh ins. His next appointment will be for his 4 month check up. We had an appointment at Ochsner to see an ENT. Our experience there was great! I was very satisfied, and will also be seeing a Pediatric Gastro there to monitor Cade's reflux issues. Cade seemed to like it too...While waiting for the doctor to come in he was literally cracking up (without making noise), if you can imagine that. It was hilarious! My Mom and I were laughing so hard we could barely contain ourselves. He had the cheesiest grin, and he would do this little chuckle. It was just too cute! I will also be starting Cade on a few supplements soon. There have been great results with supplements in patients with PWS. We will be starting CoQ10, Fish Oil, and Carnitine Fumarate. There is a website with very informative information on all these supplements and there benefit to PWS patients. For anyone who is interested, http://www.pwsdots.org/ I have educated myself on them, but it is just too much to write. So, I ordered the supplements today and can't wait to start! I plan on slowly introducing each one and gradually increasing. I hope we get some good results like so many others have.
So, today has been mentally taxing on me. From finishing up my Summer classes and final tests, to losing a dear, fellow PWS Mom friend, and then taking Cade to his first swim practice for the Special Olympics. I've shared extreme highs and extreme lows today, but as I unwind tonight I feel compelled to share this with whoever decides to read it. Some of you may know this about me, but most probably do not. I have always felt a strong attraction to working with those with special needs. It just always felt right and from a young age I remember looking up local jobs and volunteer opportunities..always searching for something to fulfill that desire. I was actually enrolled in college for Family and Consumer Science and was planning to go into Special Education. I had taken the Parapro assessment and actively looking for Para jobs. Then I became pregnant for Cade and life had other plans. Given my role now to Cade, isn't it ironic? OK, so here is an e-mail I dug up from my in...
Comments
Post a Comment