Well, It has been a while since I have posted. I do have a few updates. I spoke with Christy, Cade's Dietitian in Fl and she wants Cade to start taking 3 ounces every 3 hours. So, we are and he is doing great with it! We went to the Ped. last Thursday, and he weighed in at 8lbs 15oz. (I will just call that 9 lbs :) and he was 22 inches long. He is def. growing, still slower than what would be considered typical..but he is making progress! As of today, he is now taking all 3 supplements...Fish oil, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine. I have not noticed a huge difference in awake time and energy yet..but didn't really expect to right away. Cade's main goals right now in PT and OT is his ability to reach and swat/grab at toys and gain head control. His arms and upper body are much weaker than his legs. We have been working with him and you can tell he wants to grab them so bad, but just can't get the coordination to do so. He will get it in no time! He loves to eat his hands and arms or whatever he can get in his mouth. It is so cute! We have noticed what it seems to be circulation problems. In certain positions his feet will turn purple due to poor circulation. This is common in PWS due to their low tone, but I will still get this checked out. The APX alarm charity contest is now over, and I am so happy to announce that we won $130,000.00 for research!!! That is great news :) Thanks to everyone who helped with the vote totals. Time for me to get some sleep now..I am extra sleepy today!
So, today has been mentally taxing on me. From finishing up my Summer classes and final tests, to losing a dear, fellow PWS Mom friend, and then taking Cade to his first swim practice for the Special Olympics. I've shared extreme highs and extreme lows today, but as I unwind tonight I feel compelled to share this with whoever decides to read it. Some of you may know this about me, but most probably do not. I have always felt a strong attraction to working with those with special needs. It just always felt right and from a young age I remember looking up local jobs and volunteer opportunities..always searching for something to fulfill that desire. I was actually enrolled in college for Family and Consumer Science and was planning to go into Special Education. I had taken the Parapro assessment and actively looking for Para jobs. Then I became pregnant for Cade and life had other plans. Given my role now to Cade, isn't it ironic? OK, so here is an e-mail I dug up from my in...
Comments
Post a Comment