The time is here to transition from Early Steps to the school system for Cade. The thought of everything is making my head spin. Yesterday we received Cade's evaluation report, which showed what services he would qualify for and then today we got the letter in with our first IEP date. EEk! I am prepared to set him up for success and nothing less!
I can't believe this little guy will be 3 years old in less than a month! So Bittersweet.
I feel so blessed to see him prosper and grow from the once weak and helpless baby he was before. But, also with each passing year I know it brings on more challenges and PWS rears its ugly head further and further. I hate the fact that he is getting more and more defiant, needing strict structure and getting hungrier. :(
But, there are so many more things that I absolutely LOVE.
I want Cade's future to be filled with happiness and laughter...not pain and hunger. These are reasons why I raise money for research. I know the research is new and active and the funds are directly being used for exactly what I want. To eliminate the challenges of Prader-Willi Syndrome through the advancement of research.
I encourage all of my readers, family, and friends to visit onesmallstep.fpwr.org/dw/walking/location/265
This is our Houma location page where you can Register or Donate.
With just 30 days left til race day, May 18th...our thermometer has hit $10,000!
I am so thankful for the family, friends, and community supporters that are on board! Without our great sponsors and loved ones that believe in something bigger, we wouldn't be where we are now.
So many PWS families coming together for one common thing is a beautiful thing.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Comments
Post a Comment