So, a lot has happened since my last Post-Op post....Where do I start??
Should I start with my the fact that my long, thick, beautiful hair is a thing of the past?!?
It is falling out and breaking...Stressed much? I think so.
Anyways, so exactly a week after Cade's T&A he took a turn for the worse. I had figured he was getting better day by day..still not himself, but none the less would be OK. I was busy doing things in the house when Carter came running up to me saying, "Mom, Cade has blood." My heart sank. I ran to him and sure enough, his mouth is pooling with blood. Jake and I ran around like crazy people and it took only seconds to realize we couldn't stop this and he needed medical attention quick.
Long story cut short.
We spent the night in the hospital for "observation" which quickly turned into "operation"
Cade had another bleed in the night and all the doctors and operating team were called in. Second surgery was a success and I was extremely pleased with our care. I learned first hand that maybe not all my doctors and hospital staff here are idiots.
Today marks another week Post-Op. Cade is doing MUCH better than the first go round and I am super happy to have my lil guy back. His speech still sucks. I don't know if things still feel weird back there or what but it is mushy and not so good. I am hoping he jumps right back on that wagon again since he was so strong in his speech for the most part.
Thanks to all of my dear friends for the prayers and well wishes.
Now pray for my hair. :)
Comments
Post a Comment