It has been way too long since my last post, so I will just update briefly on the past couple of weeks. Really, nothing new or exciting...that I can think of. We are preparing for our trips coming up..Yes, I said trips as in plural. Cade and I will leave next Wednsday to go to Mississippi where we will meet The Kimmels and stay over for one night. I have became friends with Heather Kimmel thanks to PWS. Her precious daughter Emma is 4 with PWS. They are from Baton Rouge but have lived elsewhere due to her husband being in the Military. She decided to switch Emma's doctor to Dr. Miller so we decided to take the trip together. We will be saving on money in a couple ways...that is always a plus! So, we will get up early on the 17th and head to Gainesville. We both see Dr. Miller back to back on Friday, the 18th and we will turn around and come home. Yeah, quick trip...it will be tough. What is even tougher is that I will be getting back home really late Friday night and then leaving for Oklahoma Saturday morning...thankfully I won't be driving. Yeah, a bit crazy probably, but it was the only way we could work a trip to Dr. Miller and a trip to Oklahoma this year. My family in Oklahoma still hasn't met Cade yet and only met Carter once. This trip is long overdue. All of this without Daddy :( He will be back home busy working. So, fingers crossed that everything goes as planned and we have safe travels. I will update my blog again soon...Stay tuned! :)
So, today has been mentally taxing on me. From finishing up my Summer classes and final tests, to losing a dear, fellow PWS Mom friend, and then taking Cade to his first swim practice for the Special Olympics. I've shared extreme highs and extreme lows today, but as I unwind tonight I feel compelled to share this with whoever decides to read it. Some of you may know this about me, but most probably do not. I have always felt a strong attraction to working with those with special needs. It just always felt right and from a young age I remember looking up local jobs and volunteer opportunities..always searching for something to fulfill that desire. I was actually enrolled in college for Family and Consumer Science and was planning to go into Special Education. I had taken the Parapro assessment and actively looking for Para jobs. Then I became pregnant for Cade and life had other plans. Given my role now to Cade, isn't it ironic? OK, so here is an e-mail I dug up from my in...
Comments
Post a Comment