I seriously have an obsession with buying baby things...Sippy cups, pacifiers, bottles, strollers, car seats, you name it...Actually, I think I just have an obsession with buying things for my kids, period! I research everything and want the latest, greatest, and safest. Ok, so just have to blog about my latest obsession. I know in a previous post I talked about making Cade's food myself, which I have been doing. I have also come to realize that sometimes I need a backup plan too. Like this week, Jake is working nights and I don't really cook for just Carter and I. I found this line of baby food products at Target and it is just as good, if not better than me making his food. I also like the fact that I can see the nutritional facts. When I make it I don't really know how much fat, calories, carbs, etc. So, for now I think I will just do both.
Here is a little info from their website...
Our Promise To You
HAPPYBABY is committed to providing families with the healthiest, most optimal nutrition possible. Besides using the best organic ingredients, we also incorporate the best nature has to offer when it comes to added nutrition, like our sustainable source of DHA, pre and probiotics, and supergrains like Salba and Quinoa.
HAPPYBABY has partnered with Dr. Sears, well known author and pediatrician to ensure the healthiest formulations possible for baby's growing body. We work together to create products that he feels good about recommending to his patients and you.
HAPPYBABY has made a promise to ourselves and to you. We work hard every day to ensure that our foods are safe, of the highest quality, so you do not need to think about it! You can count us to offer items without added sugar, trans fats, anything artificial, and always in the safest packaging.
HAPPYBABY makes the best informed decisions about our foods, sourcing and packaging so that we make the very best for our world as well as your family. We are constantly making improvements to our offerings and reducing our carbon footprint. Learn more about our green partnership with Method®.
We believe that children deserve delicious foods free from chemicals, pesticides, artificial ingredients, and preservatives. Healthy bodies, healthy world.
On another note, Dr. Miller e-mailed me with Cade's most recent blood work results. She was checking for a few different things. Thyroid levels, IGF-1(to make sure GH dose is correct), Carnitine and CoQ10(supplements he gets daily). Everything looked great, except for his thyroid levels. It was at the very bottom of normal range. We will recheck in a month and go from there. About 25% of the PWS population have hypothyroidism. Looks like that is where we are heading. If so, he will just be on yet ANOTHER daily medication to keep his thyroid functioning. I still notice a lot of daytime sleepiness with Cade, so this makes perfect sense.

Comments
Post a Comment